Silverton Yacht Owners Forums  

Go Back   Silverton Yacht Owners Forums > Silverton Yachts
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Silverton Yachts
This Forum Is Read Only    

Old 03-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Default Any news?

Has anyone heard any news about the status of Silverton corp? I was talking to a guy at my marina who says he's friends with a long time Silverton employee and the scoop is that they are closing up for good. They have been selling off equipment and parts inventory and most of the employees have taken new jobs. I don't know if this is true but I sure hope not.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Deck Hand

Default Silverton Status

I called Silverton today and was greeted with a message that they were closing for a period of 60 days.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Deck Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Willis View Post
I called Silverton today and was greeted with a message that they were closing for a period of 60 days.
I've called both parts and sales. Parts had no answer at all. Sales had a recorded message. Really to bad to loose them. It will be interesting to see what comes of this. I still need parts on occasion. I hope they post where we can source the parts we need.

Last edited by rick112 : 04-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Hi,

Many parts accept fiberglass, wood, and fabric are possibly available from OEM sources Silverton used. The bad news there is that some of those suppliers have gone out of business or only sell to dealers.

The biggest problem I see is if a custom part like the dunnage tray in the cockpit of 33C needs to be replaced. Silverton had a mold for that so if they do not come back then it will get expensive real quick to place that if ever needed...

Rob
Chester, CT
Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
First Mate

The word is that they are gone and not coming back anytime soon, we can only hope that someone sees the value in the name and buys it up to start over. Even if that happens the chance of getting parts for the older boats is slim because the stock was low to begin with due to no cash flow and what they had went into the dumpster.

I am actually suprised this site is still up and running with no one paying the bill.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Captain

ive been content updating rather than replacing with OEM my altenator, mufflers, switches, head and things of that nature. Im sure the company will resurface in some form
Old 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Deck Hand

Default Silverton closure

Talked to a Luhrs salesman at Miami Boatshow. He told me that all devisions were closed but reopen late spring.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 PM
First Mate

There is a new contact on the Silverton website for parts, have your HIN ready when you call.

Also I read that they are filing Chapter 11 today.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Deck Hand

Marshall was helpful but like the post above advises have your Hull Identification Number.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:08 PM
First Mate

Default Silverton Chapter 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by souldeep View Post
The word is that they are gone and not coming back anytime soon, we can only hope that someone sees the value in the name and buys it up to start over. Even if that happens the chance of getting parts for the older boats is slim because the stock was low to begin with due to no cash flow and what they had went into the dumpster.

I am actually suprised this site is still up and running with no one paying the bill.
Is this site funded by Silverton? Is it likely to stop running?